Wednesday, June 23, 2021

These First Toys for Kids With Disabilities Have Universal Appeal

When you’re raising a child with a disability or a complex medical condition, you need to adopt a new mindset when it comes to fostering their development and finding the right tools to support it. In 2018, my daughter was diagnosed with a rare genetic deletion that causes a range of developmental delays. Over and over again, doctors would ask me if she had reached this or that milestone. Each time, I answered flatly: no. I struggled to square her “failure” on these tests with the strong, happy baby I held in my arms.



from Wirecutter: Reviews for the Real World https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/kids-toys-for-special-needs/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS%20Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment