Thursday, June 24, 2021

How to Organize Your Fridge

I come from a family of condiment hoarders. We love pickles, spreads, and sauces, but we can’t ever seem to finish them. This used to result in a Jenga-like situation in my fridge, with jars poised to topple out and break a toe every time I reached for the milk.

Then, in my early 20s, I started working in professional kitchens and had to adhere to strict rules for keeping food-storage areas tidy. In restaurants, organization is important not only because it helps cooks move quickly and smoothly but also because wasted food is wasted money. The same is true at home, and I still use what I learned in restaurants to keep my leftovers, produce, and other perishables in order. Here’s how I do it.



from Wirecutter: Reviews for the Real World https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/guides/how-to-organize-fridge/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS%20Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment