Monday, January 8, 2024

This Adorable Butter Warmer Isn’t Just for Butter. I Use It for Coffee and Miso Soup Too.

For years, I drank cold mid-morning coffee, the second half of my 7 a.m. pour-over. I could not be bothered to warm it up.

I didn’t own a microwave—my apartment kitchens never had space for them, and that was fine with me. I’m trained as a designer, and I try to keep my kitchen efficient, free of duplicates, clutter, and eyesores.

I used a saucepan on the stove to reheat things and melt butter, because why buy a machine when you already have a pot? That worked fine, even if it sometimes meant sloshing hot liquid. And my cold coffee? It was fine too.

Then I bought a Dansk Købenstyle Butter Warmer, about as large as an oversized coffee mug. This was, I thought, a frivolous purchase, but the little enamel pot became an instant standby, practically begging to be used.

Dismiss


from Wirecutter: Reviews for the Real World https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/dansk-kobenstyle-butter-warmer-review/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS%20Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment