Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Seat, Step, Plant Stand, Side Table: An Ode to Stools

A good stool can be the keystone of your home. Once you have one, it seems to make everything else in your space click into place, even if “everything else” isn’t that much. When I was in my 20s, I arranged entire homes around a sturdy wooden stool that I’d had as a child. In various apartments I used it as a bedside table, a makeshift bookshelf (its rectangular seat was the perfect size and shape for stacking books), a mini media console for watching TV on my laptop, a planter stand, and a side table. At some point, I gave the stool to a friend who was moving to an apartment with no furniture at all. “You’ll need a stool,” I said. As do you—if you don’t own one already. They’re cute, they’re practical, and they’re delightful.

Dismiss


from Wirecutter: Reviews for the Real World https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/ode-to-stools/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS%20Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment